Frequently Asked Questions

What do I do if I have questions about my loan?

Contact us either by phone or email, go to the Contact Us tab for more info.

What is a co-signer?

A co-signer is a person that agrees to join the primary borrower in being responsible for the payment and loan obligation. All co-signers are fully responsible for payment just as the borrower is. You may benefit from using a co-signer if that co-signer strengthens the credit worthiness or ability to pay.

How do I get the Title to my vehicle?

Once you have paid your auto loan off in full we will send you your title.

What is my payoff?

Contact us to see exactly what your payoff is on your auto loan, your most recent transaction balance is not your payoff, is may be very close but is not exactly your payoff.

Does my loan have Gap Insurance?

Contact us to inquire if your loan has Gap insurance, this is a specific detail that is unique to every loan.

Can I Make payments online?

Yes, you can make payments anytime online. We accept eChecks, and Debit Card payments 24/7

What is EITC, Earned Income Tax Credit?

EITC, Earned Income Tax Credit, is a benefit for working people who have low to moderate income. A tax credit means more money in your pocket. It reduces the amount of tax you owe and may also give you a refund. EITC is also called EIC or Earned Income Credit.

Who can claim the credit and if I qualify, how do I get it?

To claim EITC on your tax return, you must meet all the following rules:

  • You, your spouse (if you file a joint return), and all others listed on Schedule EIC, must have a Social Security number that is valid for employment
  • You must have earned income from working for someone else or running or operating a farm or business
  • Your filing status cannot be married filing separately
  • You must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien all year, or a nonresident alien married to a U.S. citizen or resident alien and filing a joint return
  • You cannot be a qualifying child of another person
  • You cannot file Form 2555 or Form 2555 EZ (related to foreign earned income)
  • You must meet the earned income, AGI and investment income limits (income limits change each year), see EITC Income Limits for the tax year amounts

And you must meet one of the following:

  • Have a qualifying child (see who is a qualifying child below)

If you do not have a qualifying child, you must:

  • be age 25 but under 65 at the end of the year
  • live in the United States for more than half the year
  • not qualify as a dependent of another person.

If you qualify for EITC, you have to file a tax return with the IRS, even if you owe no tax or are not required to file.

Who is a qualifying child?

Your child is a qualifying child if your child meets all of the following tests:

  1. Age
  2. Relationship
  3. Residency
  4. Joint Return Age

Your child must meet one of the following:

  • Be under age 19 at the end of the year and younger than you or your spouse, if you file a joint return
  • Be a full-time student under age 24 at the end of the year and younger than you or your spouse, if you file a joint return,
  • Be permanently and totally disabled at any time during the year and any age.

Relationship to be your qualifying child, a child must be your:

  • Son, daughter, stepchild, eligible foster child, or a descendant of any of them (for example, your grandchild)
  • Brother, sister, half brother, half sister, stepbrother, stepsister, or a descendant of any of them (for example, your niece or nephew).

Definitions to clarify the relationship test:

Adopted child

An adopted child is always treated as your own child. This includes a child who was lawfully placed with you for legal adoption.

Eligible Foster Child

A person is your eligible foster child if the child is placed with you by an authorized placement agency or by judgment, decree, or other order of any court of competent jurisdiction.

Residency Test

Your child must have lived with you, or your spouse if you file a joint return, in the United States for more than half of the year.

Joint Return Test

Your child must not have filed a joint return or if your child filed a joint return, your child and his/or her spouse filed only to claim a refund and were not required to file.

What is Earned Income?

Earned income includes all the taxable income and wages you get from working for someone else or you own or run a business or farm. Taxable earned income also includes:

  • Wages, salaries, and tips
  • Union strike benefits
  • Certain disability benefits received before you reach minimum retirement age
  • Net earnings from self-employment Combat Pay

You can choose to include your nontaxable combat pay in your taxable earned income to get EITC. But, you have to include all or none of it. Make sure to check to see if including your combat pay as taxable income increases your refund or reduce the amount of tax you owe. If your spouse also has nontaxable combat pay, you can both choose which way is best for you. The amount of your nontaxable combat pay should be shown on your Form W-2, in box 12, with code Q.

How Much Can I Receive As A Refund?

For 2013, Earned Income and adjusted gross income (AGI) must each be less than:

  • $46,227 ($51,567 married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children
  • $43,038 ($48,378 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children
  • $37,870 ($43,210 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child
  • $14,340 ($19,680 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children Tax Year 2013 maximum credit:
  • $6,044 with three or more qualifying children
  • $5,372 with two qualifying children
  • $3,250 with one qualifying child
  • $487 with no qualifying children Investment income must be $3,300 or less for the year.

Still have Questions?

We are happy to help you with any questions or problems you might have. Head over to Contact Page and send us your question via contact form.